Today we are going to have a fascinating discussion on how we all intuitively just know that each of us are being tracked. Today’s discussion is one of safety, personal privacy and security - and how there is a complete industry protecting our civil liberties in the digital world.
While our cell phones are powerful tools for saving photos and videos, they also contain a trove of personal data including contacts, location, message history, emails, and private login information.
Capture this: Each of our lives are stored our devices
To that point, today’s guest is Todd Ariss - the owner of GoDark Faraday. Todd had a traveling company and learned early on from many business travelers that were concerned about being hacked and tracked while traveling abroad.
So how do you find the most reliable block to Cell, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS signals protection device?
About Todd Ariss:
Todd is the co-founder of Tarriss Travel Gear and the newest research and development division, GoDark Faraday Bags.
The GoDark Faraday Bag journey has been a long journey tracking back to his early days as a physicist at the Cross Cancer Institute, followed by a joint project between the Centre for Subatomic Research and CERN - the center for nuclear research.
In 2014, Todd created Tarriss Travel Gear so he could scratch an itch. After introducing the Jetsetter Digital Luggage Scale, one of the most popular and recognized luggage scales on the market, he ventured back to his interest in a signal-blocking from his work as a physicist, which ultimately led to developing the new GoDark Faraday Bag line of products today.
On Today’s Episode You’ll Awaken to:
- Todd’s history and passion for creating this blackout device.
- Business travelers operating in some of the more authoritarian countries were aware their phones were being tracked and they were getting tired of constantly turning their phones off and all a dozen times a day.
- As Snowden pointed out, pretty much every country is trying their best to track every person they can. We decided to do something about that.
- The Fascinating journey to who the Faraday Bags Served:
- Our initial motivation was to serve business travelers, but soon realize there was a huge demand from a broad range of people and organizations.
- Journalists trying to protect their sources, or doing investigative reporting in places certain governments might not want them reporting. Think Reporters Without Borders who investigate in hotspots around the world.
- Activists trying to not get swept up in IMSI Catchers. Fake cell phone towers that allow law enforcement to roll up near a crowd with a fake cell tower in a briefcase that essentially routes all calls within a small area through the IMSI catcher in the police car allowing the officer to collect a list of every cell phone, and cell phone owner, in the area. Law enforcement uses them to build lists of people peacefully exercising their right to protest. These lists can be used to profile people based on simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time. In a vast majority of the time, these IMSI catchers are being used without a warrant of any kind. This has been an ongoing legal battle for a few years now.
- Military units from around the world are frequent customers. It’s hard to be a special forces person sneaking around when your electronics are broadcasting your position. The durability, and water and puncture-resistant nature of the bag, make it a popular choice as well as the security seal.
- Law Enforcement uses GoDark Bags in their police cruisers. When a suspect is arrested one of the first things they do is secure their cell phone but using GoDark Bag to ensure no one can remotely access the phone and wipe any important evidence.
- Privacy Conscious Consumers are our biggest single segment of users. Even among this group the use cases are quite varied and range from people avoiding tech-savvy stalkers to those wanting to avoid warrantless cell phone tracking from tech companies, law enforcement, and government.
- Health Conscious - there are some health-conscious people who have become concerned about potential health concerns from EMF from our phones.
- Taking Back Personal Privacy and Security in a Digital World
- You own your electronics and you're ultimately responsible for them, therefore you should have the ability to control when they transmit and receive electromagnetic signals.
Share the Love:
If you like The Awakened Beauty Podcast…
Go to AwakenBeauty-hq on ITunes and write your biggest takeaway in the rate and review section. Just pretend it says “ah ha” here!! Don’t just review the episode, I would love your ah-ha moment from this episode that is more specific so you can confirm your takeaway as you write, but also help others capture your brilliance. It’ll take 3 minutes from your day. What you declare will be life to others. So remember, go to I tunes to rate and review.
Comment or question you’d like to ask Kassandra.
Your review is not only paramount in helping others discover the show, but we also read each and every submission personally… and they mean the world to us.
Love and Light! - Kassandra
In the Meantime, STAY IN THE CONVERSATION! @awakenbeautyhq | #awakenbeauty
Leave a comment below - let us know what you think!