There is always duality in life. We are in either an act of love or calling out for love.
At the time of this interview, we are experiencing the spread of the coronavirus.
For many, not only does the world feels less safe, but our everyday experiences of meeting our basic needs such as going to the grocery store feel threatening.
We face an immense amount of financial and emotional stress, and on top of this, families may not have the skill sets and have experience of being disconnected and isolated, looking for ease in screens, video games and other addictions.
Though it saddens me that we have to experience something so traumatic as a collective in order to be empowered to change, I think it’s important to speak on the importance OF seeing this current reality as a PORTAL to opening ourselves up to creating new paradigms and new ways of being and healing from past traumas and staying present in the now with the help of others.
There are people that show up in that world that you hear and you can directly tune into and feel their sense strength, love, groundedness, and presence --- and that is the sense you will feel from our guest Lynn Fraser as we discuss how we can open, connect, and create a space to embrace change, and cultivate self-love through these challenging times, but even more so, seeing a door that is open to us for opportunity and transformation.
On Today’s Episode You’ll Awaken to:
- Self-compassion and love to nurture the body’s state of trauma.
- What's happening in our nervous system right now (it is a natural response to a threat)
- A true crisis of disconnection.
- How we’ve created a life of disconnecting as a survival mechanism. When we feel the intensity, we tend to push it down, tuck it away and avoid it.
- If we don’t feel safe, we cannot be fully present.
- Dr. Gabor Matte and the Effects of Trauma. The effect is that we disconnect from ourselves and the present moment.
- We are all experiencing trauma right now in a state of flight/ fight/ freeze/ fawn.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is big Trauma, even though it is unfolding and worsening over weeks and months. It is a sudden radical shift in our safety.
- How using our cognitive brain to analyze risk has limited usefulness because fear is felt and stored in our body and the primitive brain.
- How the subconscious needs direction and clarity.
- We have a nervous system and a primitive brain that triggers survival responses and make it difficult for us to function well.
- PTSD: We’ve had the most profound pattern interrupt ever experienced at a global level.
- How can we take the opportunity and rise to the occasion of finding community, and seeking what we do want, versus what we don’t want or fell victim to?
- The state of the mind-body consciousness at a global level right now: Shock or crisis trauma, sometimes called big T Trauma, happens in a terrifying event where a person experiences or witnesses a threat to their life or that of someone close to them. We easily see that events like this cause fear, hypervigilance, and that it takes time and treatment to heal.
- Kindness, patience, and compassion with ourselves and others right now
- Spiritual Mind Management: How Hypnotherapy can help go past the critical factor, which is the area of the belief systems, into the subconscious mind.
- People take a thought or a belief into their imagination, they amplify it from zero to 2,500 times. “Mountains out of molehills.”
- "The effect of trauma is disconnection from ourselves, the present moment and our sense of value." Dr. Gabor Mate
- We don't always recognize our own experiences as traumatic because we are triggered in fight/flight/freeze/fawn survival response.
- Being alone, even though we know it is due to the pandemic, can feel personal, triggering core deficiency beliefs of being unlovable.
- Understanding and connecting back to the somatic body experience and feeling our pain - which makes it less scary.
- Contact Lynn here:
- Find all her meditations, inquiries and teachings on her YouTube Channel:
Share the Love:
If you like The Awakened Beauty Podcast…
Go to AwakenBeauty-hq on ITunes and write your biggest takeaway in the rate and review section. Just pretend it says “ah ha” here!! Don’t just review the episode, I would love your ah-ha moment from this episode that is more specific so you can confirm your takeaway as you write, but also help others capture your brilliance. It’ll take 3 minutes from your day. What you declare will be life to others. So remember, go to I tunes to rate and review.
Comment or question you’d like to ask Kassandra.
Your review is not only paramount in helping others discover the show, but we also read each and every submission personally… and they mean the world to us.
Love and Light! - Kassandra
In the Meantime, STAY IN THE CONVERSATION! @awakenbeautyhq | #awakenbeauty
Leave a comment below - let us know what you think!